SigueelSol.com is a responsible publisher and we take copyright issues seriously. Our website contains news feeds from 3rd party publishers governed by this policy. We are compliant with DMCA Takedown and Notice of Takedown copyright regimes in both United States and Canada.
DMCA Notice of Takedown Policy
If you are a copyright owner or an agent thereof and believe that any User Submission or other content infringes upon your copyrights, you may submit a notification pursuant to the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (“DMCA”) by providing our Copyright Agent with the following information in writing (see 17 U.S.C 512(c)(3) for further detail):
- A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed; a. Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works at a single online site are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works at that site;
- Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled and information reasonably sufficient to permit the service provider to locate the material;
- Information reasonably sufficient to permit the service provider to contact you, such as an address, telephone number, and, if available, an electronic mail;
- A statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
- A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that you are authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
SIGUEELSOL.COM’S designated Copyright Agent to receive notifications of claimed infringement is: INFO@SIGUEELSOL.COM.
You acknowledge that if you fail to comply with all of the requirements of this Section 5(D), your DMCA notice may not be valid.
- If you believe that your User Submission that was removed (or to which access was disabled) is not infringing, or that you have the authorization from the copyright owner, the copyright owner’s agent, or pursuant to the law, to post and use the content in your User Submission, you may send a counter-notice containing the following information to the Copyright Agent: a. Your physical or electronic signature; b. Identification of the content that has been removed or to which access has been disabled and the location at which the content appeared before it was removed or disabled; c. A statement that you have a good faith belief that the content was removed or disabled as a result of mistake or a misidentification of the content; and iv. Your name, address, telephone number, and e-mail address, a statement that you consent to the jurisdiction of the court of Ontario Canada, and a statement that you will accept service of process from the person who provided notification of the alleged infringement.
- If a counter-notice is received by the Copyright Agent, SIGUEELSOL.COM may send a copy of the counter-notice to the original complaining party informing that person that it may replace the removed content or cease disabling it in 10 business days.
- Unless the copyright owner files an action seeking a court order against the content provider, member or user, the removed content may be replaced, or access to it restored, in 10 to 14 business days or more after receipt of the counter-notice, at SIGUEELSOL.COM’s sole discretion.
COPYRIGHT ACT Notice of Takedown
The Copyright Act grants a number of exclusive rights to the authors of original works, for example the exclusive right to reproduce their works or to communicate them to the public. These exclusive rights exist to promote the creation and distribution of Canadian content, to allow creators and innovators to receive compensation for their efforts, to create jobs and foster investment, and to ensure a thriving marketplace that offers consumers choice and access to worldwide content.
On December 13, 2018, Parliament amended the Copyright Act to clarify that a notice of claimed infringement that contains an offer to settle, or a request or demand for payment or for personal information, or a reference to any such offer, request or demand, in relation to the claimed infringement, does not comply with the regime.
What kind of information must be included?
The Copyright Act lists the specific information that must be included in a notice for it to comply with the Notice and Notice regime.
- state the claimant’s name and address
- identify the copyright material that is alleged to have been infringed and the claimant’s interest or right with respect to that material
- specify the location data (e.g. the web address or Internet address associated with the alleged infringement)
- specify the infringement that is alleged
- specify the date and time of the alleged infringement
What kind of information should not be included?
The Copyright Act also lists the specific information that must not be included in a notice for it to comply with the Notice and Notice regime.
Notices must not contain:
- an offer to settle the claimed infringement
- a request or demand, made in relation to the claimed infringement, for payment or for personal information
- a reference, including by way of hyperlink, to such an offer, request or demand
- any other information that may be prescribed by regulation
A notice that includes such information does not comply with the regime. Such notices are deemed to be invalid under the regime.
We can not be held responsible for 3rd party publications that syndicate and distribute content using RSS feeds, however if you believe material located on this website is in violation of your copyright we will gladly take it down upon simple request by email to INFO@SIGUELLSOL.COM
To locate the publisher source of the image or material found on this website check the bottom of the news article for a ‘SOURCE’ link, and direct your query to the appropriate source publisher should you have any further questions.